Is there anything better than jam…oh yeah…BACON JAM! This is a super easy and yummy recipe to whip up. I like to use this jam on burgers, BLT’s, toast, a spoon (😉), pizza and it’s even a nice sweet and tangy addition to a charcuterie board. To keep this short and sweet, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 1 pack bacon, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces (I like thick center cut bacon)
- 1 medium yellow onion, petite chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg’s with the mother)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne (we like ours with a kick…you could add more or less based on your taste preference)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Add bacon to a cold skillet, cook until just crispy. Use a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain grease. Reserve 1 Tbsp bacon grease and drain rest from pan.
- Using 1 Tbsp reserved bacon grease, cook onions and garlic on medium-low heat for 70 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add apple cider vinegar and allow to reduce by half.
- Add remaining ingredients and bacon to the skillet. Cook until desired jam consistency has been reached.
- Allow to cool in a glass bowl or jar and skim any fat that rises to the top.
- Store in an airtight jar or container for up to 4 weeks (if it lasts that long) in the refrigerator.