I’m not going to beat around the bush….these muffins are AMAZING! Muffins are perhaps my favorite sweet-treat breakfast and we love making them as much as we love eating them plus the smell is guaranteed to make your kitchen smell fabulous. This recipe is both easy and quick, so they are perfect for making on the fly or for prepping for the busy week ahead. They taste delicious while warm or cool and they keep for about a week…if they last that long! What makes these delicious muffins so special is the crunchy topping which has both a toasted and sweet flavor.
Making muffins is one of my favorite ways to teach my three-year-old about baking. I even used this recipe as a science lesson for her and she felt like such a big girl while mixing the ingredients together. She also really enjoyed putting the topping on each muffin, but I’m sure her favorite part is getting to eat one! This is overall an easy recipe to get the kids involved. Now, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
BANANA BREAD CRUNCH MUFFINS
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
For crunchy topping:
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp pecans, crushed
- A tiny dash of Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a muffin tin by adding muffin liners and spraying liners with a bit of nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together. In a separate bowl mash bananas and mix in egg and sugar.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- Pour into muffin liners and tap muffin pan to allow for even muffins.
- Make the topping by mixing together all ingredients until crumbly.
- Top each muffin with a generous amount of crunchy topping.
- Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.