Anytime my family gets together for a huge dinner it’s always requested that I bring my Yummy Broccoli Salad. Usually there are plenty of starchy sides to choose from, so I think to bring this dish to add something a little on the healthier side. Broccoli is a family favorite and when you add cheese and bacon it really adds the extra YUM to this veggie dish. It’s also a colorful dish that really draws you over to it. My toddler says it’s really yummy, so here is another toddler tested and approved dish.
This is the type of dish that is great on the day you make it, but if you let it set in the fridge overnight; it will be DELICIOUS the following day. By letting it set overnight it allows those ingredients to really get to know each other. That’s probably the most important tip I have for this recipe…let the salad soak up all the goodness of the dressing in order to get the most flavor. It’s such a refreshing dish that goes perfectly with any big family meal or a light picnic brunch…which makes it very versatile!
This dish is all things…crunchy, salty, sweet and cheesy. It is super simple to make and looks great when presenting. Now, I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family and I do!
YUMMY BROCCOLI SALAD
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 crowns of broccoli, cut down into florets
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s with the mother)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl combine broccoli, bacon, craisins, cheese and walnuts. Toss together to combine well.
- In a separate bowl; mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar until well combine.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over the broccoli mixture and combine well.
- Eat right away or chill over night and serve the following day.