Cool temps, football, changing leaves and everything pumpkin….oh how I LOVE Fall! There’s perhaps no better way to kick off pumpkin season than whipping up this delicious pumpkin bread. It’s great for breakfast and can even be served up as a sweet treat. I prepared this loaf for an after lunch dessert for my in-laws. It not only makes the house smell amazing, but is super easy and fun to make with the kids. Nothing says Fall like my favorite pumpkin bread…now I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prep loaf pan with butter to prevent sticking; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl; sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- In another large mixing bowl; cream together eggs, both sugars, milk, oil and purée until well combined.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and incorporate well.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes. Slightly cover with a tent of aluminum foil to prevent over browning, but still allowing room for rising; continue to bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Once bread is done; allow to cool in loaf pan for 10 to 20 minutes, then remove from loaf pan and allow to cool on wire rack until completely cool.
- Slice and serve!