Can I get a show of hands for all of those who have missed going to their favorite restaurants during the quarantine?! I know I’m not the only one who misses their favorite local Mexican Restaurant, right? My family loves Mexican food and that’s why I decided to make my own Loaded Chicken Enchiladas. This recipe is easy to follow and packed with delicious ingredients that is sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
These enchiladas are so easy to make and are absolutely delicious. I load mine up with plenty of gooey cheese and spicy chicken, then I roll them up nice and tight, stack then into a glass baking dish to bake and finally top with more cheese. I have found that stewing the chicken with chicken stock, white onion, and a couple of cans of green chilies make for a delicious chicken enchilada. Now, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
LOADED CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- 10 small four tortillas
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 cups quesadilla cheese, divided
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth (I like Better Than Bullion Chicken Base)
- 2 large cans diced green chilies, mild
- 3 Tbsp green onion, diced
- 1 large can green enchilada sauce
- Sour cream
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Shredded lettuce
- Avocado, diced
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Stew chicken with onion, chilies and broth (I used my Instant Pot; pressure cook on high for 10 minutes and natural release for 5 minutes); once cooked shred the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Fill tortillas with a generous portion of cheese, chicken mixture, and more cheese. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in baking dish in a row.
- Top the enchiladas with green sauce and more cheese. Add as much sauce and cheese that you like here.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream and cilantro to serve.